Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Couple of Big Days

The neat thing about being a newborn is that every few hours I make things exciting for my parents, like giving them a full diaper to wake up to, giving them a chance to get better at nursing or changing the diaper. I love eating every 2-3 hours, day or night - doesn't matter to me. My mom and dad are too full of adrenaline to sleep much. They've slept about 6-8 hours since Monday. Lots of Mom and Dad's friends have been dropping by with food and presents and they are happy to meet me.

Thursday was fun - we took our first walk as a family around the neighborhood. I don't know who liked it more - Mom got to push my stroller, Matty and Peepa got to play the roles of guard dogs, and Dad got to be the leader of the pack.

Friday began at the doctor's office. I checked out perfect, as usual. By the way, did I mention I got a perfect 10 on my Apgar test after I was born? Dad says I'm just like him; he got a perfect 10 on his Apgar when he was born too. Mom thinks its the start of a lifetime of acing standardized tests. One other funny thing happened at the doctor's office. My parents told the doctor that they were having trouble waking me up to feed me. The doctor said that all they had to do was flick my foot like this. After flicking my foot ten times (which I slept right through), he gave up. He didn't know what kind of sleeper he was messing with!

Friday night I had my very first Shabbat dinner. Mom and Dad said a nice blessing so that I will grow up to be happy, healthy, and peaceful. We had a wonderful meal that Mom and Dad's friend Beverly brought for us. I like challah!

We have some new pictures. To see them, click here.

3 comments:

Raggle said...

You have very cute feet, Mitch.

Christina said...

Very cool. Thanks for the link, I've added it to our blog's links.

Mary Liz said...

Great news!! Congratulations. I am so happy for y'all. Thanks for all the postings too. I will definitely keep up with the little guy (and his parents too!)