Saturday, March 29, 2008

And we're off!

We had a great Saturday morning this weekend. I had a feeling fun things were coming, so I woke up bright and early, and Mom took me for my first run. It was pretty easy for me - she did the hard part. I rode in our new jogging stroller and Mom pushed. The highlight of the ride was when we found a soft, fluffy kitten. It walked over to Mom and purred, so she held it up so I could really see it while she petted it. Mom says we'll be fast soon, and we'll enter a race in a couple of months. I can't wait! Vroooom!

After that, we went home, woke Daddy up, and went back to the farm. I wanted to see what the chickens do on the weekend and Mom wanted to show Dad the strawberry fields. Unfortunately, it was cold and drizzly, but we got some more good strawberries and we'll go back again one day when it's sunnier. Another thing that was fun about the visit was we ran into some friends who knew us from the Internet but we'd never met before. They gave me a Rice windbreaker a few months ago, and it was nice to finally meet them in person.

No comments: