Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On the farm

On Saturday mornings, Mom and I (and Dad, Peepa and Matty, when they can make it) walk to the end of our street to go to Miguel's farm stand. We talk to the farmer, who drives about 45 minutes to come to our neighborhood each week, and get vegetables and eggs from him. Miguel is very nice and his sweet potatoes are delicious!

Today we did something even more fun. This morning Mom and I visited with some of our friends at a real farm! Mom told me we were going to see it, and when we drove through an urban neighborhood, I couldn't believe that's where she was taking me. But suddenly, out of the blue, there it was - a little oasis right in the middle of East Austin. I loved it! I got to see where they grow lettuce and other greens and flowers, and I helped Mom pick strawberries. The best part though, was I got to watch some chickens. They are so cool, I could have watched them all day long! I can't wait to go back.

Since I last posted, I've been working on my funny faces and more silly screams, especially in my Jumperoo. You can see pictures of my hilarious faces, as well as more farm photos, here.

Also, at the beginning of last week Mom noticed I was growing a new tooth. When she took a closer look, she realized there were two new ones sprouting in the top front of my mouth. Today, when I opened my mouth really wide to laugh at her, she learned that there are really three coming in up there. I am full of fun surprises!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We were there too!

http://tbnj.blogspot.com/2008/03/strawberries.html

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I can't wait to see those new teeth! I know your mommy and daddy are helping you take good care of them and cleaning them every day.