Saturday, April 26, 2008

Atlanta

Wow! We just got back from a week-long trip from Atlanta, and it was action packed. We went to Atlanta to visit Bubbe and Papa, and to celebrate Passover with them. It was also a great chance to see my Great-Grandmother Millie, Aunt Laurie, and some other family friends.

First of all, let me tell you that I did great on both flights. In fact, the people in front of Mom and Dad on the airplane told them how impressed they were with me. Dad did note that even though I was extremely well behaved, I didn't sleep much on the plane. There was just so much to see and do - how could I sleep? However, Dad thinks it's going to start being harder to fly with me from here on out since they can't just count on me sleeping through the whole flight.

We got into Atlanta last Friday, and took Mom out to dinner for her birthday. I haven't had a birthday yet (except for my actual birth day), but from what I've seen, they are pretty fun. We went to a really good Italian restaurant, and I even got to eat at the table with everyone in a high chair. It was my first time eating in a high chair. I decided to eat sweet potatoes instead of Italian, although Mom gave me a few little pieces of pasta to try. I prefer the sweet potatoes.

Then Bubbe showed me all of the toys she had gotten for me. I couldn't believe it. I spent a lot of time in the family room just playing with all of the toys. Aunt Laurie also helped me play with the toys.

Saturday night we had a Passover seder. A lot of relatives came over to help celebrate. There were 20 people in all I think. Bubbe and Papa even got me my own seder plate and haggaddah (Passover book). I really liked the haggaddah - I completely chewed it up. I really enjoyed the Passover seder; I laughed through most of dinner and was really well behaved. It was nice to see Great-Grandma Millie again.

Monday, Bubbe, Papa, Mom, Dad, and I all went to Zoo Atlanta. I saw monkeys (mom really liked the monkeys), a panda bear, goats, sheep, pigs, giraffes, ostriches, and more monkeys. But my favorite animals were the meerkats and the mole rats. Dad doesn't understand how I could love mole rats so much, but he's glad Papa insisted we go see them

On Wednesday, we went to the Botanical Gardens and looked at lots of pretty flowers. I also tried to eat Dad's hat.

On Thursday, we came back home to Austin. It was a great trip, but I am glad to be home. I missed my dogs and especially my Jumperoo. I have been jumping in it non-stop since we got back home. I spent a lot of time in Atlanta jumping on everyone's laps, and while they were all very nice about it, I think it's probably best to have the Jumperoo back.

Everyone took a lot of pictures of the trip. The pictures from our camera are here. Pictures from Bubbe and Papa's camera are here.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the Cabbage Patch Doll line up!

Anonymous said...

Mitch,

I miss you already!! You can bounce with me any time!

Christina said...

Elizabeth went to her first zoo at about that age, too, and also liked the mole rats. I don't know either.

Anonymous said...

Do you think we took enough pictures! Mitch, you're just so photogenic! Love, Bubbe