Friday, April 11, 2008

A busy week

We've had a very busy week around here. First of all, our camera is sort of working again, thanks to Uncle Daniel. He suggested we stick it in a bowl full of rice to absorb the water, so after they tried that, Mom and Dad were able to salvage our photos and can kind of use the camera. Papa is going to hook us up with his old one when we go to Atlanta next week, so at least we can sort of use ours if we have to until then, and we didn't lose our pictures. Here's one of the photos from the park, before the incident in Bull Creek occurred.

Last night I got to hang out with our neighbor, Candace. We had a lot of fun. I showed her all my books and toys while Mom and Dad went out to dinner with our friends who are about to have a baby for me to play with. I think everybody had a good night, and it was a nice change of pace for all of us. I hope I get to see Candace again soon!

Today Mom and I did a mitzvah by volunteering at a Senior Seder at the Jewish Community Center. We hosted a table, which was a pretty easy and fun job. Mostly it was an excuse to enjoy a nice seder, meet lots of nice new people and see some old friends, but once in a while we helped the people at our table get anything they needed. The nice woman next to me, who was there with her friend, had also never been to a seder, and she said it was a beautiful ceremony. I liked the singing, but the Hazzan told everyone I was too little to ask the four questions. The matzah looked good too, but that's another thing I'll have to wait until next year to try. Oh well, next week I get to go to two more seders at Bubbie's, so that's something a little closer to look forward to. If you want to learn more about what a seder is and why we do it, click here to read all about it.

Here are a few more photos from the park.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Glad to hear you had a good time with Candace, Mitch! I'll look forward to the tour of all the books in a few weeks.

(Oh, and Tonyia - my husband will be in town on the 10th after all, so there are no complications with Elizabeth.)

Have fun in Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitch,

Glad you liked the sedar and are excited about the 4 questions. Luckily, Danielle is old enough to do the 4 questions now, but since I'm the expert in the family (having to do them the longest), I'll be more than happy to practice with you.

I can't wait to see you (and your parents) next week!

Love,
Aunt Laurie