Monday, September 22, 2008

Big News

Mom and Dad gave me some exciting news today. I am going to be a big brother. While I'm not exactly sure what that means, they assure me that I will be up to the task. So far I've been able to glean that I will be getting a little brother or sister, though no one knows which. For now we're calling him or her Peanut. I am not sure how this new little present will arrive, though I have included an illustration I found on the Internet that I think explains the process.

They say all this is going to happen in the middle of April, around Mom's birthday. Here's a picture of Peanut. Right now, he or she is upside down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! We're very excited!

Anonymous said...

Mitch, you're going to be a great big brother! Just don't take after your dad and beat up on your little sibling until you go off to college! :)

Love,
Aunt Laurie

The Laukkanen's said...

Just passing through and checking everyone's blog...and what a surprise I got! Congrats! This is so exciting. (Don't read my blogs on how hard it is having 2 babies!) Maybe peanut will share Suvi's b-day (April 20). Markku says to tell Mitch "Being a big brother is great. I love my little sis!" (he really does-but he can't say those exact words yet...)!
Casey, Markku, & Suvi

Christina said...

Wow! Congratulations!

(If the baby takes to long in arriving, you can always come sit for Elizabeth again.)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. We are so excited for you! This was the best surprise tonight. I've been so sick for the past week. Your news makes me feel so happy! I'll give you a call this weekend! Mitch will make a fabulous big brother!!