Sunday, September 28, 2008

On the moon

This weekend was full of fun. Saturday we went to the moon. Well, maybe not the moon exactly, but a place that looked a lot like the moon, McKinney Falls State Park. Since we've had such a drought, there wasn't much water or falls, but that just gave us more land to get to walk over. We hiked around, saw holes in the rock that Mom said might be dinosaur tracks and found some ruins of a 150-year-old grist mill that was washed away in a flood in 1869. Peepa and Matty got to come and Mom and Dad were impressed with the rough terrain I could handle in my jogging stroller. They can't wait to come back with Peanut and me when we're older. Maybe next time there will even be water so we can swim in the falls!

This morning we went to mom's friend's house, where we sang lots of songs about things like spiders and a wagon ride, danced, and then had some snacks and played outside. I got to see some friends I've met before and I made some new ones. It was great and I can't wait to go back again soon!

You can see pictures of our trip here.

No comments: