Tuesday, September 30, 2008

L'Shanah Tovah

Today we observed Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I got to try some special holiday food Mom made - brisket (thanks Grandma for the great recipe!), potatoes, and apple kugel (a noodle dish with apples and cream cheese) - for the first time. Yum! We also went to the children's service and tashlich, where we threw bread crumbs into a creek, at our temple. Mom and Dad said they'll explain what all this means when I'm older, but for now I had a good time seeing all the other kids and hanging out outside. I hope everyone has a sweet new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering...I love apple kugel, but I never saw a recipe for one with potatoes in it.

Baby Mitch said...

If you click on the link (underlined words are links) to a kugel recipe similar to the one Mom used, you will see that it does not have potatoes in it. The potatoes were a separate side dish.