Saturday, July 11, 2009

A need for speed

When I woke up this morning, Mom said she had a surprise waiting for me. She changed my diaper, then before I even got out of my pjs or had breakfast, put a bike helmet on me. I haven't worn it in a while so I didn't remember it and it didn't bother me like the last time I had it on. Next thing I knew, she took me outside and put me in my bike trailer, which was one of my birthday gifts last year. We didn't go far - just down to Miguel and back - but Mom could really feel it in her legs. I had so much fun, I smiled the whole time. My favorite part was going down a little hill. It is such a small hill it doesn't even look like an incline, but it made us go pretty fast.

Hopefully next time we ride, we can get out even earlier so we can stay out even longer before it gets too hot. Today we left as fast as we could and got out the door around 8:30, but even that is on the verge of being too late in this weather. Mom is super excited to be on her bike and to be able to take me out in the trailer again. I like it a lot more than last year - we haven't ridden since then because Mom couldn't do it while she was pregnant. We can't wait for Hazel to be big enough to come along too.

Speaking of Hazel, she has been going through some major changes. She is still cooing and smiling at us a lot, and she is starting to move around a little bit. She can really push herself around with her feet when she's lying on her back and we think she is trying to learn to roll over and sit up, although it will probably be a while before she can do either of those things. She is also really sucking on her hands. Maybe she is starting to teethe already! She is pretty fun and exciting.

After we returned from our cycling adventure, we got dressed and ate breakfast, then went back to pick up our food from Miguel, who had lots of colorful, gorgeous veggies and fruits. Our next stop was this week's birthday party, for Noble, who turned one. It was great. I rode in a swing that looks like a car, learned to climb up and down a ladder into a clubhouse, pushed a lawnmower and a truck, and looked longingly at a swimming pool (Mom and Dad forgot my swimsuit). It was a great time. I especially loved the swing.

We had lunch and rested, then headed downtown to continue our search from last weekend for the frozen banana stand. Finally we were successful! It was more than worth the effort. I had a banana with vanilla dip and coconut; Dad had peanut butter and Oreos; and Mom had chocolate with toffee. It was excruciatingly hot outside, they had a long line, and Dad told us all the ways he would "improve their execution," but it was divine anyway.

What a non-stop fun day. And, hard as it is to believe, Mom and Dad say more good times await us tomorrow!

For pictures from Benjamin's party last weekend, some random shots of us this week, and the fun we had today, click here.

No comments: