Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another busy weekend

We had a nice, fun weekend. Friday we kicked things off with a visit to the Parenting Center. The fun really began Saturday though. When we woke up, we had a quick breakfast and got dressed, then Mom took me out in the bike trailer again. We had a fantastic time! We dropped a book off at the library, picked some potatoes and a plum up from Miguel, then went to the playground for a while. We were happy to spend some quality time outside together. It was nice, and we can't wait until Hazel is big enough to ride in the bike trailer and run around on the playground with us too. Hopefully by then it won't be 102 degrees out anymore!

Sunday morning was also a ton of fun. We headed over to Clark's house. His dad got a new car - a 1973 VW Thing - that Mom and Dad wanted to ride. They also wanted to check out their new metal roof because we need to get a new roof too. Anyway, it worked out great for me because we had a really great breakfast and I got to hang out with Clark. I like showing him how to do new things like climbing onto strollers and pushing buttons on his parents' DVD player. Hazel had a good time too. She likes hanging out with Clark's dad. He likes her too - he made a cool Andy Warhol-esque picture of her that Mom is going to have made into a poster for her room. He said she is his muse.

We wrapped up our nice weekend with a dinner at Dad's favorite restaurant, Freebirds. I had a chicken quesadilla and refried beans. I was hungry. I ate most of the quesadilla and all of the beans, and I enjoyed looking at the decorations and making faces at the Freebirds employees (they made faces back at me and made me laugh). Dad has good taste - I love Freebirds too!

No comments: