Friday, March 2, 2012

February, continued!

Turner on the loose
Last week was a pretty big week. For one thing, one of our favorite places, Terra Burger, closed down. They had a great playscape and splash pad we were going to use this summer, and Mom said they had the best milkshakes in the world. We often went there when people came to visit. We’re sad to see them go.

On the other hand, I got a new bed! Last year, I fell out of my old bed one night. Since then, I would only sleep on the floor.

My old bed was half of a bunk bed set, and the other bed was in the garage. It occurred to Mom and Dad that I didn't like my bed, and we could never bunk the beds since I have a ceiling fan in my room, so we sold the beds in November and Mom was on the lookout for a new one ever since. Meanwhile, I slept on my old mattress on the floor.

Hello, garden!
Finally Mom found one and our lawn guy moved it for us. It's a lot bigger than my old bed and my mattress is far more comfy. The best part is I picked out my own comforter. It has the alphabet on it, and I call it my letter bed. I love it and have slept in bed every night since. No more floor for me!

We had a couple of days that were super warm and sunny, and we spent as much time as we could outside. Mom had been wondering when it would be time to plant tomatoes, and the guy on the radio said now is the time, so one of the warm days, they picked up two kinds of peppers, two kinds of tomatoes, and some herbs and planted them in pots. Mom also weeded our yard. We were very happy to be out, and the people at the garden store said we should see some veggies in about 60 days, just in time for Mom and Hazel’s birthdays! Wish us luck!

One of those beautiful mornings, when I was at school, Mom took Hazel and Turner to Mozart's to see ducks and boats. Hazel ate a danish that was bigger than her head. I can't believe I missed it! They had a great time.

Hazel vs. the danish
Last weekend, we had a yard sale. It probably doesn’t sound exciting, but it was very fun. Mom manned the sale while Dad took us out for a while Saturday morning. She thought it would be a drag, but she had a good time talking with our neighbors. We got to know one of our neighbors a lot better and traded her a baby monitor for a wheelbarrow, a huge airplane kite, and a self-watering kit for our herbs, which we will use when we go on vacation later this year. I think we got the good end of the deal. Anyway, we had such a good time, I’ve been playing yard sale almost every day since then.

Hazel, Turner and I pay Mom in laughs and hugs. As it turns out, we pay pretty well.

On Leap Day, we went to the store, where we saw a person with a helper monkey. Everyone in the store was staring at this person, including us. I asked Mom if the monkey came from the lady’s tummy. Mom said no. Then I asked her if she got the monkey from the zoo.

Hazel's costume
At the store, Mom got Hazel some underwear. Mom let her hold them in the car, hoping they’d grow on her. They did. All of a sudden, Hazel and Turner started cracking up, then Hazel said, “Mom, look at me! Look at my costume!” Mom looked in the rear view mirror to find that Hazel was wearing all the underwear on her head – at the same time! Fortunately, a camera is never far from Mom's hands.
To see our February photos, click here.

No comments: