Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome Bubbe!

To start the month of March off right, we had a special visitor - Bubbe! 

Hazel and I have been super excited about having Bubbe visit - we've been talking about it for weeks.  We picked her up from the airport Thursday, and were delighted to see some fun puzzles and lots of other new toys and clothes she brought us.

Thursday night, we went to Threadgill's for dinner.  It was yummy.  I had carrots.  Bubbe was impressed with how well Hazel and I used the potty everywhere we went, even when we were out.  It has been a long time since my last accident, but neither of us had any accidents the whole time Bubbe was here!

Dad took Friday off so we could all play together.  Friday morning, we made Bubbie a delicious smoothie. Bubbe didn't think a spinach smoothie would be good, but she really liked it. 

After breakfast, Bubbe walked me to school.  Dad said I could just tell her where to take me, but I had a trick up my sleeve.  Usually, Mom and I wait at the front of the school for my teacher to take me to class.  But on Friday, Bubbe took me to the front of the school and instead of waiting for the teacher, I went down the hall to class all by myself.  My teachers were surprised when I showed up!

The weather was nice all day Friday, so Friday afternoon, we all went to the park. Then we went to EZ's for dinner and all had milkshakes.



Saturday, Mom took a photography class, so Dad and Bubbe took care of Hazel, Turner and me. We had a really fun day. We started off with a trip to the grocery store. Hazel and I showed Bubbe the fun car carts, and also how we use our grocery store Buddy Bucks  Bubbe thought it reminded her of S&H Green Stamps she used to see at the store many years ago.

After that, we went to a soccer class.  Hazel had her class first.  There were lots of kids and Hazel could kick the ball really hard. She liked it, but had trouble paying attention for the whole class. In the meantime, I played on a playscape at the park with Bubbe and Turner. 

When Hazel's class was over, I went down to the soccer field for my soccer class.  I had a blast. There were only three kids in the class, so it was almost like a private lesson. I dribbled the ball really well, and kicked the ball into the goal. We also did other fun drills, like Simon Says, chased a hula hoop, chased Dad, and trapped the soccer ball.  Dad was pretty impressed by how much I liked the class.  We were all pretty tired after our soccer classes, so we went home and everyone got some rest.

When Mom came home, it was time for dinner.  We had a special fundraiser dinner at my school, catered by P. Terry's.  It was a 1950s theme, and Mom and Dad were sure impressed with how well it was organized.  The food was delicious, and I liked going to school at night.  We had a good time and liked being able to walk home afterwards.  It was a fun day, but I think Bubbe was pretty tired by the time we went to bed.

Sunday morning we went to Mozart's. I was happy to see the boats and ducks. Mom asked me what I thought of the ducks and I said, "They're too beautiful."

After a nice breakfast of bagels (which we shared with some ducks) and a blueberry muffin, Dad drove Bubbe to the airport.  We were sad to see her leave, but are looking forward to her next visit soon.

We spent the afternoon at the park with our new kite. It was a beautiful day and a good way to wrap up our weekend.

Hazel's continuing to impress us with her newfound potty skills. She went by the side of the road when there weren't any potties around while we were out this morning and when she had to go when we were at the park, was able to hold it long enough to make it home in time to go.



1 comment:

Bubbe said...

I miss you all!
Love, Bubbe