Saturday, September 1, 2007

Road Trip

This week I started a career as a journalist. I went to my first interview Thursday. Mom asked a lady who runs a Jewish school questions about teachers who are choosing to teach in normal schools instead since they pay more. My job was to hang around and look cute while they talked. I figured that is no problem, I could even do it in my sleep, and Mom said I did a great job.

Today Dad, Mom and I went on my first road trip, and I got to see more of Texas than I've ever seen! Mom's writing an article about the five counties between Austin and Bryan-College Station, so we went on the drive and stopped at a few places along the way. The drive itself was gorgeous. Everything is green since it's been raining a lot this summer and we saw lots of cows, horses and oil derricks.

Our first stop was at a barbeque restaurant in a town called Elgin. The place was really crazy, busy and loud, and there was neat stuff to look at, like deer, bobcats and bears, on the wall.

The next place we stopped at was an ice cream factory! Mom was especially excited about that. We couldn't do the tour because it's only open during the week, but the ice cream parlor and gift shop were open, so we stopped there. Mom and Dad got to sample the ice cream, which they said was the important part anyway.

Next we went to a big state park. It was really pretty. There were lots of really tall trees, a farm and a picnic area with a playground, where I enjoyed a snack.

I hope I get to go back to some of these places one day when I can run around on my own. There was a neat swimming pool and aquatic center across from the ice cream place I'd like to visit when I learn to swim and I want to go back to the farm when I can pet the horses and plant some seeds. Mom and Dad think it'd be fun to take me again one day too.

You can see pictures of my road trip here.

No comments: