Friday, December 21, 2007

No soliciting

My bed time is normally 7pm. Lately though, people keep ringing our doorbell and knocking on our door, which wakes me up. They keep coming by late at night to drop off packages, try to sell us something, or get Mom and Dad to sign petitions. When they come by, my dogs bark and wake me up. I guess they don't know that it's past my bed time. Mom tried to stop it by putting a sign over our doorbell that said not to ring it and also said, "No soliciting." But people keep showing up anyway. Finally, we added a "Do not knock on door" sign. The front of our house looks like a sign store. As you can see from the picture, our guard dog Peepa has just about had enough. I'm tired of it too, and I'm glad Peepa is looking out for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We disconnected our doorbell six years ago when I got tired of our barking dogs waking up our sleeping toddlers. Our "invalid inside" sign scares off almost all the rest of the solicitors though some seem unable to read the "not opening the door" part of it. --Elizabeth

Baby Mitch said...

Thanks Elizabeth. That's a good suggestion. Mom wants to post that scary picture of Peepa outside the door.