Saturday, December 22, 2007

Under the weather

After five wonderful, healthy months, I finally developed my first cold. Yuck. The other day Mom noticed I had a little bit of a cough. The next day, my nose started running. I still haven't been able to catch it - ha, ha. Now I'm also sneezing, coughing, and my eyes are runny. It is no fun, and it's a real mess. Mom and Dad took me to the doctor Friday, just to be on the safe side. The doctor said that it is probably just a viral infection and that I should be better in a week or so. All Mom and Dad can really do is keep giving me baths, put saltwater in my nose, and give me Tylenol. She also told me how much I weigh now. I'm up to 11 pounds, 11 ounces!

Unfortunately, sometimes being sick is just part of life (that's what Dad says). Dad also said this is something we can all share. He had it first, now I have it, and Mom's throat hurts too, so she's probably next. In the meantime, I am not sleeping very well, so neither are Mom and Dad. Every time I cough, it wakes me up. Fortunately, Mom and Dad are putting me to sleep in my swing so I don't cough as much, and that's helping a little. I hope I feel better soon!

No comments: