Saturday, October 25, 2008

Playing in the Sand

This week was full of new surprises. Monday night Mom decided it was time to transition me from my little tub in the kitchen sink to the normal bathtub. We waited this long because Mom and Dad have bad knees and thought it'd be hard to take care of me in the tub. Anyway, the first night didn't go so well - I cried and clung to Mom the whole time - but each night I liked it a little more. The past couple of nights I've had a great time playing with my toys, so tonight for the first time, Mom and Dad put me in all by myself. I loved it! I played with my toys, splashed and kicked my feet the whole time. It's great.

Tuesday we went to Mayfield Park to have our photos taken. The park was great - colorful peacocks watched us the whole time, and it gave me something fun to look at while Mom and her friend tried to get me to sit still.

The next day we went to story time at the library. I was a little nervous with all the kids and moms around, so I snuggled Mom and then curled up like a turtle on the ground and tried to hide from them. After a while, I started crying so we left. I think I will like it more next time. We had a better time after I woke up from my nap. We met my friend Ellie and her mom at Champion Park, where we played in a giant sand pit! I was happy to see Ellie and the pit was fantastic. I loved feeling the sand drizzle through my fingers and it was fun crawling around in it. The other cool thing about the pit is that dinosaur bones are hidden in the sand. Mom couldn't believe how much I liked it and says it's a good thing Bubbie and Papa got me a sandbox for my birthday. Now Mom just needs to set it up for me.

I had a hard time sleeping Thursday night and Mom was tired, so at 2:00, she gave up trying to get me back to sleep in my crib and brought me to bed with her. Since she thought I'd fall out of her bed, we went to sleep together in my new big boy bed. It was pretty exciting. I fell asleep right away and did great the rest of the night but Mom says I'm a bed hog because I turned sideways and took all the space.

Friday started out a little sad. A tree in our front yard died, so some guys came to cut it down. We were bummed to see the tree go, but it was fun watching them work. The afternoon was better because we went to a party at Dad's office. Everybody liked watching me crawl around and I had a good time eating a banana, pointing out the holes in their childproofing, sneaking up behind people and grabbing their feet.

So far this weekend has been just as fun as the rest of the week. We took a nice walk in the cool weather and visited our farmer Miguel this morning. This afternoon we went party hopping. The first stop was a birthday party for my friend Haley, where I had a great time playing in some sand and in a teepee. It was also neat because I got to wear my Halloween costume - I dressed up as a shark - and eat blueberries and cheese. We wrapped up our day at a pumpkin carving party but we had to leave before the main event because I was tired out. I did have time to eat some grilled cheese sandwiches though, so it was worth it.

To see some pictures of my fun-filled week, including the sand pit, my shark costume and the bathtub, click here.

No comments: