Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cool new toys and Houston

Despite another round of throwing up Friday night, I am still feeling better after my surgery. We went to Houston this weekend to visit some friends of Dad's, and I had a good time playing with one of the other family's kids. It was a nice opportunity to try out our new car on a road trip (it did great and so did I - I slept the whole way there and almost the whole way back since Mom and Dad wisely timed the car ride to coincide with my nap time) and I got to visit a cool playground while we were there.

I've also been having fun with some new toys. Mom and Dad got a big freezer as an early Hanukkah gift from Grandma and Grandpa, but I'm the one who really lucked out because I got the box! Mom turned it into a little house for me. We put it in my big boy room and I think it's a cool hideout.

Also, my friend John moved to China a few days ago and the night before my surgery, his parents gave us a bunch of his toys, including this fantastic...get ready for it, Grandpa...tool bench! It came with a lot of fun tools and I've been having a great time whacking things with them. Peanut also got lucky because John took his sister Betsy with him when he moved, so his mom gave us a lot of her clothes for my new little sister to wear when she's born. We'll miss John, Betsy and their family, but we are looking forward to hearing about all their exciting new adventures (and thank them for giving us all this cool loot!).

No comments: