Monday, December 29, 2008

The rest of Hanukkah


Hanukkah is over now, and we had a great time. Thursday we went to the Capitol to watch a rabbi and one of our state legislators light a menorah. We learned that this is only the second year that there's been a menorah lit at our Capitol for Hanukkah. Way to go, Texas! The Capitol had a lot going on. Dad showed me a statue commemorating (or as Mom put it, promoting Southern propaganda regarding) the Civil War, and Mom and Dad chased me on the Capitol lawn. It was nice to run and laugh in such a big field. After that, we went to 37th Street, where we saw lots of bizarre Christmas lights, including a motorcycle, lots of political messages, a zombie, and a cityscape of Austin. It was very Austin, Mom and Dad explained to me.

Last week, when I wasn't feeling great and had to eat simple things that would be easy on my tummy, we discovered that I love toast. Plain old bland toast with nothing on it. Not only do I love the way it tastes, it is fun to munch on a big piece of something larger than my face. Mom can't believe of all the yummy things she makes for me, this is one of the things I like best.

We had a lot of time to relax this weekend. Friday night my friend Clark came over with his Mom and Dad. We had a great time. After dinner we went upstairs to play with all my fun new Hanukkah toys and we laughed at and chased each other. It was great having a friend over to play with. Mom and Dad were very excited about how well I shared my stuff. They said it seems like I'll be a great big brother. I can't wait to see Clark again!

Saturday we went to Tot Shabbat, where we sang lots of fun Hanukkah and Shabbat songs, and Mom and I watched Dad donate blood. We are really proud of him. Sunday we didn't do much, but I did get to play in my sandbox and we went to one of my favorite places - the grocery store. That place gets better every time I go, it seems. This time, not only did they have samples of oranges, which I've been enjoying there all week, they gave me a red balloon when we checked out. You can see how much I liked it in this video. We also have a ton of pictures from the past few weeks.

No comments: