Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

To celebrate Thanksgiving, we traveled to Pennsylvania to see Grandma, Grandpa, and all our other family there. We had a great week.

The plane ride went well. We had a row to ourselves and I got a nice nap in. Once we got there it was cold outside but warm inside thanks to Grandma, who turned up the heat for us. We were also welcomed to the house with loads of fun toys to play with. My favorites were a green tunnel I could crawl through and Grandma's Tupperware. I also really liked their Duplo blocks. By the end of the trip I figured out that not only are they fun to pull apart - you can put them together. Grandma and Grandpa also took me for wagon rides and I got to push on a big rock and roll down a little hill. Grandma also took us to Peters Orchard, where I saw big pumpkins.

Another neat thing about our trip was I got to stay up late because of the time change. Mom and Dad didn't want to adjust my schedule so they kept me up an hour later, which was nice for all of us because we got to sleep in an extra hour. Dad also saved some time by growing a beard. Even though Mom likes it, he says he's shaving it off before he goes back to work Wednesday.

A couple days after we arrived, Dad went with Grandpa and Uncle Daniel to check out a brewery and a hockey game and I got to hang out with Grandma, Aunt Lauren and Mom. They took me to a mall and got me something new - shoes! I didn't like them at first because it was late in the day and I was tired, but the next day I really put them to good use. They are fantastic! They make it much easier to walk; since I got them, I've been walking much more. I'm also getting a lot faster. Mom and Dad are super excited. They can't wait to take me to fun new places in Austin now that I can really enjoy them on my feet.

The best part about the trip was all the people I got to spend time with. I got to see Mom Mom and Pop, my great-grandparents, and lots of fun aunts, uncles and cousins, including Mianna, who is five, and Luke, who is about my age. It was very fun playing with all of them. I also got to chase a bunch of cats around on Grandma's cat farm. Grandpa said maybe next time I come there will be a dog for me to play with. That will be fun. I missed Matty and Peepa.

Thanksgiving was very yummy, and I got to try lots of new foods like pies, turkey, stuffing, corn casserole and cornbread, cranberry dressing. We had lots of great food. Grandma made all kinds of things for us to eat and Grandpa fried a turkey. But don't worry - Grandma had another one in the oven.

To see photos of my fun Thanksgiving week, click here.

No comments: