Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hanukkah is fun

Tonight is the fourth night of Hanukkah, and so far we've been having loads of fun celebrating the holiday. Sunday, the first night, we celebrated at our synagogue, where we ate latkes and lots of other yummy food and lit our menorah. I am excited to be able to walk because I was able to take advantage of all the wide open space there. I am getting pretty fast, and I kept Dad and Mom on their toes.

After successfully getting my three stitches taken out Monday (the doctor said everything looks great and is healing well), we went home for night two of Hanukkah. I ate a yummy dinner, then we lit our menorah and I got to open some presents while we listened to some Hanukkah music. I got a train set from Mom and Dad, a puzzle from Bubbe and Papa, a pirate ship from Grandma and Grandpa, and a little piano from Aunt Laurie. I had fun playing with my toys for a little bit before I had to go to bed, but we had a great time playing with them Tuesday. I hear after I went to bed, Mom and Dad had more Hanukkah fun playing dreidel.

Tuesday night was more of the same - more menorah and presents. Tonight we're going to have some homemade latkes, which will mostly be for Dad and Mom since I don't really like them (yet, Dad says). Tomorrow we're going to try to go to the State Capitol building for a menorah lighting and to eat more Hanukkah treats, including sufganiyot, and Friday some friends are coming over for more - you guessed it - latkes. I think Hanukkah is great, and I'm glad we get to celebrate for eight nights!

No comments: