Monday, June 15, 2009

2 months (in 3 days)

Hazel is almost two months old already. Since we are going to Pennsylvania later this week, she had her two month doctor's appointment today. She is still growing like crazy. She is now 11 lbs., 1 ounce, which is 75th percentile! I was 4 months old before I weighed that much. Mom and Dad definitely notice - Mom's back is hurting, and Dad doesn't think she'll fit in her bathtub much longer. Hazel is 21.75 inches long (50%) and her head size is 37.5 cm around (25%). The doctor said she looks very healthy. You can see her updated growth chart on the right side of the blog.

Hazel has had it pretty easy at her doctor's appointments so far, but today she found out why I don't like to visit the doctor. She had to get her first shots. She was already fairly upset at her appointment today after they made her wait (and wait and wait), and the shots certainly did not help. She took a long nap after her appointment and after waking up really grumpy for a little bit, seems to be sleeping very well so far tonight.

Nap mat update: Mom and Dad have been putting me to sleep in my nap mat in my crib and I love it. I go to bed with a smile on my face. I usually wake up on top of the nap mat, or with the mat crunched in the corner of the crib, but Mom and Dad are impressed at how easily I am going to bed now. It will be interesting to see how well that translates into nap time at summer camp next month.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, you must be taking good care of your sister since she is growing so much. I know you felt bad for her when she had to get her shots. I hope you continue to sleep well when you're in Pennsylvania. Maybe you can show Hazel how to take nice long naps too. I can't wait to hear how you and Hazel like the plane ride. Be extra good for Mom and Dad while you're traveling. I have a feeling they are going to be really tired by the time you get to Pennsylvania! Love, Bubbe