Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home again

The rest of our Pennsylvania trip was fun. After lots of fun with Grandma's Play Doh in Maryland, we went back to PA Tuesday, then Wednesday Grandma took Mom and me on a wild shopping trip. I got some cool new shirts, shorts, shoes, including a pair that look like frogs, and a hat with a monkey riding a bike, and Hazel made out like a bandit in the next size she's about to wear in clothes (plus a few for later, including a fancy dress). Thanks, Grandma! Later that day, Mom and Hazel had a good time with Gigi at the grocery store. It was a nice day.

Thursday we made our way back to the Tropical Treat to meet one of Mom's oldest friends, Heather. She looked great and it was nice catching up with her. We did not see as much of the goats this time, but I got another delicious cheeseburger out of the deal.

When I got up from my nap that day, I was surprised to find the house decorated for a party. There was also food everywhere. Mom and Dad gave me a haircut, put a special shirt on me, and then our relatives started pouring in. Gigi, Pop, Mom-Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Chris, Uncle Larry, Aunt Lauren and her boyfriend, Ryan, Uncle Daniel, Aunt Jen, Uncle Ben, Mom, Dad, Hazel and I were there. They taught me a new word, "surprise!" which I really thought was hilarious. Then Aunt Amy and my cousin Mianna came in and everyone screamed the new word. I was a little freaked out and Mianna cried because she was so shocked. The reason everyone shouted "surprise" was we were celebrating two birthdays - mine, which is coming up in a few weeks, and Miannas. Mianna turned six Tuesday and she wanted a surprise party. It was a great night, and I'm happy we got to share a birthday party. We ate pizza, lots of nice fruit and delicious cake. It was nice to see everyone - especially Mianna's hermit crab, Kelly Bull Robertson - and we got some great presents.

Friday was a fast and furious day. We had to start getting ready to go home and Mom and Dad met up with an old friend for dinner. We left early Saturday morning, sad to leave everybody and the nice cool weather. Our trip back to Austin was pretty uneventful except we learned that the Harrisburg Airport is the nicest airport anywhere and Dad showed me how fun going up and down escalators is.

Since we have been home, it has been nice to see Peepa but too quiet and hot. I have been trying to tell Mom and Dad we should go back by dragging suitcases and bags around. It seems to me all we have to do is grab our bags and go, but Dad says that is not how it works.

To see many, many, many pictures of our fun week, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great week, wish we could have caught up with you guys...talk to you soon! Happy Early Birthday Mitch!

Cousin Mike