Monday, June 8, 2009

Here we come, summer!

We've been busy around here! Hazel's smiling and growing, as you can see. At the doctor last Monday (for her follow-up visit after her trip to the hospital last month), they told us she weighs 10 pounds! Also, she's smiling a lot now. We love her little grin.

We've been spending a lot of time outside in the mornings, and inside in the air conditioning in the afternoons, since it's so hot now. Last weekend we went to the pool. Dad took me swimming and Hazel and Mom sat in the shade. It was fun. My favorite part was spraying water out of my favorite toy - a plastic taco sauce bottle - and splashing the water with my hands. I didn't have school this week so Mom and Dad made an extra effort to find fun things for me to do. I had a play date with my friend Benjamin Thursday and Friday we met up with him and his mom again at the Parenting Center at the JCAA. This weekend, we spent a lot of time at our park, met up with some friends for brunch (I had pancakes - yum!) and spent some time playing in the park at the Arboretum. Not surprisingly, we also stopped by Amy's Ice Cream while we were there and Mom shared her treat (dark chocolate ice cream with Heath bars) with me. At first I made a face and they thought I didn't like it, but then I asked for more. It's a good thing because for a minute, it made Mom wonder if I am her kid.

We celebrated summer by going to the park again this morning. Usually we can't go during the week because it's a school playground, so they use it during the week. But now school is out and we can go any day. Hooray! I've really been excited about riding my green grasshopper bike lately, and the past few times we went to the park, I spent a lot of the time there riding it.

Even our own backyard has turned into more of an adventure than usual this week. I am always happy to go out there and play in my sandbox and now I have my own playscape too, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa. It's really fun to climb on and I like the slide too. We will share pictures of it soon.

Mom and Dad think I'm heading into a growth spurt. I've been eating like crazy - some of my current faves are macaroni and cheese, cheeseburgers, chicken, refried beans, pancakes, waffles, and fruit, fruit and more fruit - and am starting to pudge up. I told them that of course I'm growing, that's my job.

For pictures of our latest adventures, click here.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, I love your sister Hazel's smile. You'll have to come up with ways to keep her smiling! You've got lots of things to keep yourself smiling--swimming and playing with your toys. Keep having fun. Love, Bubbe