Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My first day of camp

Speaking of summer... Tuesday was my first day of camp. It went really well. I had a great time - the best part was we played outside for almost two hours! My teacher said I did great. Although Mom was sad to see me go because she says I'm growing up too fast, she and Dad were very happy and proud to hear I couldn't have cared less when Mom left, was very engaged with everyone, and didn't shed a tear the whole time I was there.

I ate lunch at camp and was supposed to take a nap there on my new nap mat. I have never really taken a nap anywhere but my crib though, and I didn't feel like starting to do it now. My teacher rubbed my back for about 25 minutes, but I just wanted to play, so she called Mom around 1:00 (I am supposed to stay at camp from 8:30 until 2:30). Anyway, Mom picked me up and brought me home, where I took a long, long nap in my crib. Dad and Mom are proud of me anyway - they say it's still not bad for my first try - and we'll give it another go after our trip to Pennsylvania next week.

In the meantime, we've been spending lots of time on our new playscape. As promised, here are some pictures of the new scene in our backyard. As an added bonus, there's a cute picture of Hazel getting out of the bath.

3 comments:

Bubbe said...

I think you did a great job of being a camper, and I'm glad you had so much fun. I imagine it would be hard to suddenly lay down and go to sleep with all of your friends around you. Mom and Dad might have to let you practice taking a nap on a mat while you're in Pennsylvania. It's cool that you have your own playground right in your own backyard. Have fun! Love, Bubbe

Baby Mitch said...

Thanks for the comments Bubbe! I really appreciate knowing that people are reading my blog.

I don't know about using the nap mat in PA, but Mom and Dad have started putting it in my crib here in Austin, so I can at least get used to sleeping on it at home. We'll see how well that works.

Aunt Laurie said...

Hi Mitch,

I know you have a very loyal following on your blog!

Since I can't be in Austin with you, I love catching up with all of the stories you tell about you, Hazel, and your Mommy and Daddy (and seeing all of the pictures of how fast you two are growing!)

Love,
Aunt Laurie