Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome aboard, shipmate!

Today was fantastic! Grandpa and Grandma took us out on their boat, Grace. It was my first time ever on a boat (Hazel's too!). We went out on the Choptank River, and Grandpa let me sit beside him in the driver's seat. At first I didn't know what to make of the experience, but I warmed up to it pretty fast. I didn't mind my life preserver and I liked looking out the back and pointing to the water. We found a little beach and rode to it in a raft tied to the boat, and that is where I figured out my favorite part of the trip - running out into the little waves, jumping over them with Mom and Dad, and swimming all the way back out to the boat with Grandma. I also enjoyed smashing Uncle Daniel's sandcastles. After all that fun, I went back on the boat for some lunch and a nice nap with Aunt Lauren before we headed back.

Hazel also enjoyed the day. The motion from the waves and noise from the motor put her to sleep. She had a great time aboard the boat with Aunt Lauren while we all played on the beach.

We wrapped up our adventure with a good deed. We spotted a little boat that was having trouble so we pulled over to help them. We brought the people aboard, towed their boat to a nearby marina, and took them to a place near their car. We are all glad they aren't pirates.

No comments: