Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Swim Lesson




Yesterday while I was supposed to be taking a nap in my crib, Mom discovered that I’ve been practicing different ways of escaping. I didn’t realize she was spying on me, and she saw me roll over on my tummy, push up on my knees, flatten back out and roll over onto my back.

Since my parents are now aware of my intention to become more mobile, I need to come up for a new plan of attack, and today I may have figured out what that is. Mom and I went to our first swim class at the YMCA, so pretty soon I may just be able to swim away! Mom was really excited about it. She swam a lot when I was in her tummy, and she was happy to do it with me in her arms. There were lots of kids in our class and I was the youngest one. While Dad cheered us on and took pictures, we sang “The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round,” “Ring Around the Rosie” and I swam after a little plastic fish. I really liked kicking my legs and just relaxing in the water. I can’t wait to go next week!

You can view pictures from first swim lesson here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I'm glad to see you're enjoying the water. Your daddy had his first swimming lessons when he was your age and he liked it too. We'll let you swim in our pool when you're a little bigger, so keep those lessons up. Love, Bubbe

Baby Mitch said...

That sounds fun Bubbe. I think its neat that you guys have a pool and I'm sure I'll love it when I'm a little bit older. Mom and I can use it to train for our first triathlon. I just hope your pool is still around - I hear they're out of water in Atlanta.