Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tummy, Tooth, and Day Two of Solid Food

During tummy time this morning, I rolled over onto my back for the first time. Just to make sure Mom and Dad knew I meant it, I did it again when they put me back on my tummy. It was pretty funny, and now I've reached another developmental milestone - rolling over both ways. Mostly I just roll back over onto my back because I don't love tummy time.

Today Mommy noticed something I've been trying to tell her about for a few days. I'm growing a tooth. I was in a grumpy mood this afternoon, so our whole family (me, Dad, Mom, Peepa, and Matty) went for a walk. While we were walking down the street, I yawned and Mom finally figured it out. She noticed a little bit of white sticking out of my bottom gum. She started whooping, which surprised Daddy and cheered me up a little. Now Mom and Dad will get to start cleaning my gums during bathtime.

I also got to eat more rice cereal tonight, and I had a little more fun this time. I explored the food and spoon a little more with my mouth and had a great time spitting the cereal everywhere and making a mess. Mom says that's what it's all about, and Daddy tries to keep me neat. We'll see who wins this battle, although he made sure I was extra clean at my bath tonight. I can't wait to try things like peas that I can really spread around.

We took more pictures and added them to yesterday's folder. Make sure you check them out here.

No comments: