Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello Pasta

Summer is so fun! I've been spending more time in my pool, and because of the yummy things that grow here at this time of year, like watermelon, eating is getting more interesting by the day.

Mom and Dad keep giving me new food and new ways to eat. I'm getting better at chewing and the other day, Mom gave me a new kind of cup. This cup has a straw in it, and she gave it to me because she read it's better for my teeth and speech development than the kind I was using before. That will make Bubbe happy. Mom thought I wouldn't be able to use the straw yet, but I knew how to do it right away.

Today I surprised her again by telling her I was thirsty. I was sitting where I could barely reach my cup, and she thought I was just whacking it around, but then she looked at me and I had grabbed it and was holding and drinking from it. She thought that was pretty funny.

Tonight Mom and Dad surprised me with something new - peaches from our farmer, Miguel! Mom was so happy when she saw that he had them, but I'm not sure what I think of them yet. Part of the problem is getting Mom and Dad to share them with me so I can figure it out. Mom ate half the peach because she wasn't sure I'd be able to eat it all, or so she said. Dad was supposed to feed the pieces she did cut up for me, but they kept disappearing into his mouth before they made it into mine. I'm not sure I like having to chew them, but tomorrow Mom said she'll make me a banana peach smoothie for breakfast, so we'll see how that goes. Last week I tried something else new from Miguel, which Mom and Dad had never even tried before - pattypan squash. We all agreed it's very good and that it looks like flying saucers. Mom got more of that from Miguel for me today, so if the peaches don't work out, at least I have that to look forward to.

Another thing that's fun about summer is that Father's Day is coming up. To celebrate, Dad and I became supermodels! The photographer who took my picture for her Web site and business card is now running my picture as her advertisement in a local magazine called Parent: Wise. She also submitted pictures she took of kids with their dads, including one of Daddy and me, and the magazine chose to run it with an article about how smart dads are. You can see pictures of me on page 8 and 12. Mommy is super proud of us and is glad she is married to a model.

Otherwise, I've been having more fun rolling around and playing with things like a toy my Aunt Laurie got me for Hanukkah and I realized I can feel textures in a book I have called Millie Moo. It's all so much fun!

You can see lots of pictures of me making funny faces at Mommy here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitch,

Congrats on the modeling gig - you and your Daddy look so good in the picture! But does your Mommy know that this wasn't your daddy's first brush with fame? Tell her to ask Bubbe about the tv commercial if she hasn't seen it! :)

Glad you like the toy!!

Love,
Aunt Laurie