Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer's a good time for new things

I've had a pretty eventful week so far. I'm really getting the hang of waving and I figured out how to clap. The best part about it is it makes Mommy and Daddy laugh and copy me when I do it. They seem pretty excited about clapping.

I also figured out how to hang on to Mom and Dad's knees when they are on the floor with me so I can pull myself up onto my feet. I've only done it a few times, but I think there's more where that came from. Yesterday I did it on the couch so I could look out the window and today I pulled myself up onto my knees in my playpen and against the door, where there's always a cute baby in the mirror, in Mommy and Daddy's room.

Today I also crawled on my hands and knees for the first time. Mom was surprised because it was pretty different from my usual army crawl and rolling around. It's fun!

Miguel is really rolling out the new summer food. This week I tried some of his new squash and some plums. Mom gave me something new too - a piece of a tortilla - which she says I'll eat a lot of since we live in Texas. And today she shared her lunch with me - a grilled cheese sandwich! It was yummy, and when Mommy dropped some on the floor, Peepa and Matty discovered they like it too.

This week I've been enjoying lots of playdates. I have friends of all ages, from two months to three years old, and today I made a new friend, Ollie, who's eight days older than I am. Hopefully we'll start having some of these playdates in the pool. Even in the shade, it is too hot to hang out at the park.

No comments: