Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mitch's first Memorial Day

This was an eventful week. Monday Daddy was home for Memorial Day, and we had a nice long weekend. While I napped, Mom and Dad pulled jungle weeds (aka Asian jasmine) from our front yard. I couldn't believe it - before I went down for my nap, I was thinking of all the fun I could have swinging from the vines in a few years, and when I woke up from my nap the next morning, they were gone. Mom and Dad were pretty tired, so I put two and two together and figured they pulled them. Then I saw these pictures of Dad standing where the weeds used to be, and Peepa and Matty watching them through the fence, and it confirmed my suspicion.

Tuesday I felt awful. Mom noticed I was not my usual smiley self and that I felt really hot, so she took my temperature. It was 103! So we went to the doctor, who told Mommy just to snuggle me and give me Tylenol. We spent lots of time cuddling, and the next day I felt much better. I really don't like being sick, I've decided.

Friday night, I hung out with Auntie Megan. We had lots of fun, and I showed her all my toys and how good I'm getting at rolling around my room. Meanwhile, Mom and Dad went to the movies. I hear that Dad did a legendary park job while they were gone. He keeps telling me about it, so it must have been good. I had a great time with Megan and hope I get to see her again soon.

I also tried lots of new stuff this week. Last night Mom made me some quinoa with some vegetable broth she made. She and Dad didn't think I'd like it, but I really surprised them by gobbling it right up! I can't wait to have it again. The best part about it is that's what Mom and Dad had for dinner too, although theirs was a little spicier. I also had bite-sized mixed veggies including corn, peas, green beans, and carrots. That was fun because they're just the right size for my little fingers. It's like it was made just for me! And Mom is spicing my food up a little. This week she used olive oil and parsley on some of my veggies instead of the usual butter. I really like it!

Today was very fun. I got to see my friend Ellie because it was her first birthday, and her mom threw her a party. I got to play with her fun toys, sit in a pool filled with balls and watch lots of other kids play. Mom and Dad got to hear about the kind of trouble I'll get in over the next year or two from moms with older kids. I can't wait! Happy birthday, Ellie!

You can see pictures of my week here.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Aw. Mitch is such a sweetheart, maybe he won't give Mom and Dad so much trouble. Sorry for the horror stories.