Sunday, June 29, 2008

My new wagon

I have been doing a lot of new things this week. I've been crawling a lot more recently, and much faster. I figured out that if I crawl on my hands instead of my arms, I can get where I'm going much quicker. That's a good thing since I'm a very busy person. Mom and Dad have been giving me a lot of opportunites to crawl around our house and play, and I am bent on exploring every corner of our home, like our drawers. I have figured out how to open them, and I love going through all of the bottom drawers in the house. It's fun opening one, pulling everything out of it, and then moving on to the next one.

I've also been pulling myself up into a standing position. I am getting really good at it. I love pulling myself up up the back of couch and looking out the windows. It's also fun to pull myself up in my crib, put my hands on the crib bars and stare out. My parents say I look like a little jailbird when I do that. It's a much better way to spend my time than napping, I think.

When I'm not crawling or standing, my other favorite thing to do is clap. Mom and Dad are still laughing at it, and I think it's really fun. I like to give myself applause whenever I can. Between that and waving, I am really enjoying my hands.
Today, Mom, Dad, Peepa, Matty, and I all took a walk. But it wasn't just a normal walk. I got to ride in my brand new wagon! It was supposed to be a birthday present for me next month, but we all couldn't wait to take it out sooner. I got to ride all around the neighborhood. We saw other kids and dogs, rode through sprinklers, and hurdled all kinds of bumps. It was quite a journey. I felt like the king of the world in my ride. A neighbor said that we looked like a parade. I really like my birthday present, even though I got it a few weeks early.

Mom, Dad, and I leave this week for another vacation. We get to go visit Grandma and Grandpa in Pennsylvania. I'm excited to see them again, plus my Aunt Lauren, Uncle Daniel, and my great-grandparents. I'm also going to meet my Aunt Jen for the first time. This will be my very first 4th of July, which is supposed to be some kind of holiday. Dad has been telling me about something called fireworks. I am excited to see some. They sound even neater than my ceiling fan that I like to stare at. I also get to go out on Grandma and Grandpa's boat. I haven't ever been on a boat before. I hope its as fun as my wagon. I can't wait to go!

Mom and Dad took a lot of good pictures of me riding in my wagon and playing prisoner in my crib.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love your riding partner in the wagon!