Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Celebrate!

Today is my first birthday, and I learned that birthdays are lots of fun. I started today with a birthday banana, which turned out to be pretty much like the bananas I have for breakfast every morning. Mom read me all the funny e-cards and e-mail messages I got, and then things started getting really interesting after I woke up from my morning nap.

While I was sleeping, Mom was busy making cakes! We loaded up the car and headed to Dad's office, where I had a fun little party. I had more of the yummy banana cake Grandma made me in PA, which Mom thought to freeze for this week, and Dad, Mom and all Dad's coworkers visited and celebrated over our yummy treats. Some of them held me and I showed off my crawling skills. It was fun hearing everyone tell me how cute I am.

After we said goodbye, Mom and I headed to Bicycle Sport Shop to pick up a part for the bike trailer Grandma and Grandpa gave me for my birthday. I got my first taste of spending birthday loot - I used some of Mom-Mom and Pop's gift for an axle and a safety flag.

We went home for some lunch and a nap, and I was again surprised at how busy Mom is while I sleep. This time, she had set up my bike trailer. For our first voyage, we rode over to visit Miguel. He was excited to see my new ride. I really like it, but the one thing I didn't like is my helmet. I don't even like wearing a regular hat, and the helmet is heavy. Mom and Dad say it's too bad - if I want to ride behind a bike, I have to wear it. I guess I'll have to work on getting used to it because riding in the trailer is so fun! Mom's excited too. She said it's much easier than she expected, except up small inclines. She liked it so much, after I went to bed, she put the recycling in it and rode to our neighborhood school to drop it off.

After saying happy birthday to and sharing some cake with my neighbor, Candace, whose birthday is also today, I had a delicious dinner and my final birthday surprise - presents! It was great. I got a puppet, some books and a canopy for my birthday wagon (which I got early, last week) from Mom and Dad. Oma sent a green Cheeky Chick tricycle, which I can't wait to try out tomorrow. Aunt Pat, Uncle Neal, Aunt Susan, and Uncle Stuart sent me a Little Superstar toy, which I really wanted after I saw it at my friend Ellie's birthday party last month. And Mom-Mom, Pop, Great-Grandma Millie and Aunt Micki sent me birthday checks, which I'll save for a car or college. It was really nice of everyone to think of me.

We opened presents just before bedtime, and I am excited to play with everything tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to seeing Bubbe and Papa tomorrow. Something (Dad and Mom) tells me they will have more birthday fun in store for me!

Another thing to celebrate today is this is my 100th blog entry! Thanks to everyone who has commented on it, and who lets me, Mom, and Dad know how much they enjoy it.

All in all, I would say I've had a fun first year. Mom and Dad say it's been the best year of their lives. I can't wait to see what's in store next year! Here are some pictures from my fun first birthday.

1 comment:

Raggle said...

Happy Birthday sweetest pea ;-)