Thursday, July 24, 2008

One year checkup

Today was a big day for me. I had my one year checkup at the doctor's office. It went really well - the doctor said I'm happy and healthy. Mom and Dad are really excited to hear that. The doctor told us I weigh 19 pounds, 10 ounces. I'm 27.75 inches tall and my head is 46 cm around.

The first yucky part of the visit was the cold table. I didn't like it. It made me cry and Mom said she'll bring a blanket for me next time. I also didn't like getting my shots, but Dad and Mom said they're for the best in the long run. I guess I just have to believe them.

The great part of the visit was all the fun stuff the doctor said I can do and try now. She said I can eat anything, including cows' milk, but shellfish and nuts. I tried some cows' milk with lunch today, and I'm not sure how I like it. At first I gulped it down, then started spitting it out. I've been having a great time spitting food out at Mom and Dad lately, and they still aren't sure what to make of it. I also had some cottage cheese, which I liked better.

The doctor also pointed out how much more I'll be getting into things in the next few months, and that Dad and Mom better get serious about babyproofing. When we got home, Mom put the knives in the cupboard, so when I'm tall enough to reach them, I won't be able to find them. The doctor also said it's time for me to start coloring, which is convenient because our friend Janie gave me some big crayons and a tablet for my birthday. When we got home, Mommy tried to show me how to use them, but I'm not sure I'm ready yet.

If you want to see how I measure up, check my latest growth chart by clicking on it on the right side of the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're doing your job--growing big and healthy! Keep up the good work. We loved being with you and holding you, but I did notice you were getting heavier! Now that you can eat more things, we'll have to try out some new restaurants with more yummy foods. Love, Bubbe