Monday, July 21, 2008

One is Fun

This weekend I got to celebrate my third first birthday party. I love birthdays! The highlight of the weekend was that Bubbe and Papa visited. They hadn't seen me in a few months, and they were really surprised at how much I've changed since April. They were impressed with my crawling, eating, and general playfulness. I was sure happy to them again. They brought a bunch of presents with them too - a sandbox (which we won't set up until it cools down outside a little bit), fun books, and new toys . My Aunt Laurie also sent a rocking horse, which looks really fun.

While Bubbe and Papa were in Austin, we decided to eat out some. We went to Hut's Hamburgers, one of Mom and Dad's favorite places. I tried guacamole for the first time and really liked it. In fact, it was my first time ever trying tomatoes. So far, I like what I've tasted of them. We sat near the entrance of Hutt's, and I made sure to wave at everyone coming into and leaving the restaurant.

The next day we went to Whole Foods. Bubbe and Papa were pretty impressed with the selection there. I had a delicious lunch with everyone and we got some cute pictures while we were there.

Bubbe and Papa got to spend some quality alone time babysitting me while Mom and Dad went out to dinner. I'm sure they appreciated that. Mom and Dad also took on a new project this weekend since they had some spare time - they built a new fence in the backyard to make better accommodate our dogs. Peepa is still trying to figure out a way to get through the new fence.

Before Bubbe and Papa left, we all went swimming at their hotel pool. I got to show them how much I love to swim. Clearly, my swimming lessons have paid off, because they were very impressed.

On the last night, we had another birthday party with lots of decorations, and I even had my own banana bread. While everyone was taking pictures of me, I broke out a new expression just for the camera. I crinkle my nose, squint my eyes, and make a silly grin. Mom and Dad aren't sure what to make of my new camera face, but Bubbe thought it was hilarious.

I was really sad to see Bubbe and Papa leave, but my parents tell me we'll see them again soon.

No comments: