Friday, January 2, 2009

Routinely Exciting

One of the reasons I write this blog is to help my parents remember what life is like right now. In a few years, all of this will seem like a blur for them. So they said it's important to record this so they can go back and read about it later. In that spirit, here is a typical day for me the past month or so:

6:30 a.m.: Time to wake up! I usually start the day by saying good morning to and chatting with my stuffed duck. After a few minutes of that, I start making louder noises so Mom and Dad know to come get me. If they don't get me within a few more minutes, I start yelling a little louder and jumping up and down in my crib. Once one of them comes in to get me, I jump for joy. Sometimes, I wake up a little later, but 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. is typical.

8 a.m.: Breakfast. If it's a work day, Mom usually plays with me while Dad takes a shower and gets ready for work. Once he's ready, he takes me downstairs for breakfast while Mom takes a shower. Dad usually feeds me a banana, some toast, and a glass of milk. He also makes his lunch around the same time, unloads the dishwasher, and feeds the dogs. Mom comes down and makes me a pancake or something if I'm still hungry. Then Dad kisses us goodbye and heads to work.

8:30 a.m.: Playtime. This varies a lot by day, but this is when Mom and I have the most fun. Some days we go visit our farmer Miguel, sometimes we go to the library, run errands, or meet friends for a playdate. Other days we just play in our bedrooms upstairs. My favorite toys right now are books, my Duplo blocks, my percussion instruments, and a fun blue hipster hat.

11 a.m.: Snack time. My morning snack is sometimes a big meal, but it is usually one of my smaller ones. Typically, I get some fruit, like an apple or orange, or some carbs like crackers or banana bread. I LOVE oranges right now.

Noon: Nap time. Mom puts me down for a nap around noon most days, and right now I sleep around two to three hours. The best part about nap time is we read more books before I go to sleep, and I get to spend some more quality time with my stuffed duck. Mom usually gets some work done while I'm sleeping and cleans up the house from my time spent rearranging it all morning.

2:30 p.m.: Wake up! Once again, I wake up with some yelling and jumping. Time to get going!

2:40 p.m.: Lunch. After a long nap, I am hungry. Lately I've enjoyed carrots and cheese, as well as jalapeno bread Mom made this week. When I'm really hungry, I also have some fruit.

3:30 p.m.: More playtime. I usually play outside in my sandbox or at the playground at the park. If the weather isn't nice, we head upstairs to play with my toys instead.

4:30 p.m.: Snack time (again!). More snacks. Pretty similar to my morning snack.

5 p.m.: After snack, we head back upstairs to play and wait patiently for Dad to come home from work. I am usually the first one to realize when Dad gets home, because I can hear the garage door. It's pretty exciting when he walks through the door. I like to greet him with a scream and a big hug.

6:15 p.m.: Dinner. I have whatever Mom feels like making, and whatever I haven't already eaten that day - eggs, chicken, fruit or veggies, and some milk. I let Mom and Dad know when I'm full by throwing my food across the kitchen. Peepa and Matty especially like this, and watching them scramble for my leftovers really makes me laugh.

6:45 p.m.: Bath time. Mom gets my bath ready while Dad takes me to my room to get me ready for my bath. Dad gives me my bath, which I still really enjoy. Sometimes as a special treat, I get to take a bubble bath. Lately, I've enjoyed coloring on the bathtub walls with special bath crayons.

7:15 p.m.: Bed time. Dad reads me a few stories and tucks me in (figuratively - we still don't have sheets in my crib). Duck and I are happy to see each other at the end of the long day. Most of the time I sleep all the way through the night, but once or twice a week, I wake up at night and Mom or Dad read me a few more stories to get me back to sleep.

By the way, right now I go through five to seven diapers a day. A few months ago, we stopped using cloth diapers because it was aggravating Mom's morning sickness. We've been very happy with the disposable diapers.

No comments: