Friday, January 23, 2009

18 month doctor's visit

Man, am I tired of the doctor's office. All they ever do is poke me, prod me, and give me shots. Yuck. Unfortunately, Mom and Dad insist on taking me there. Today we went for my 18 month check-up. The doctor said I am very healthy. She was really impressed with how much I'm growing. I'm up to 25 lbs 3 oz, which is all the day up to the 40th percentile! Mom and Dad thought it was getting a lot harder to carry me up the stairs. I grew to 30.75 inches (15th percentile), and my head size is a brainy 47.25 cm (35th percentile). Just when we were all happy with my results, they insisted on giving me another shot. Once I again, I expressed my displeasure rather loudly. The good news is that Mom and Dad said I don't have to go back for another check-up for 6 more months. Woo hoo!

Thursday, I went to my co-op for the second time. This time, Mom hung around for about 15 minutes and then she left. I played with my friends, climbed in a little clubhouse, ate some fruit and graham crackers, and some mulch (don't tell Mom!). When Mom came back, I cried everytime she got the near the door because I was afraid she'd leave again. Other than missing her, I really enjoyed my playtime with the other kids. Now that I know how it really works, we'll see how it goes next week.

Tonight, we celebrated no more check-ups for a while by taking another nice long walk around the neighborhood. I like these long walks.

No comments: