Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Springtime in January

We've had great weather the past few days, so we have gotten out and I've seen a lot of new sites. Sunday afternoon we enjoyed lunch at a fun restaurant, Shady Grove. The best thing about Shady Grove is that is has a huge outside part. We went around 3pm, after my nap, so we thought it'd be empty. It wasn't. Evidently everyone else in town had the same idea. We made the most of our wait though. Mom took a rest while Dad chased me around. I made lots of friends trying to sit with other customers, tried visiting the kitchen, looked through a big wagon wheel at Mom, tried shutting off their water valve and chased lots of grackles. Dad foiled most of my efforts, but before long we were seated anyway. We all had sandwiches - my grilled cheese was the best of all. I also had some fruit. It was pretty exciting. Thanks to Aunt Laurie, who sent us the Shady Grove gift card that paid for our delicious meal.

When we got home, we had a little time to kill before bath and bedtime, so we took a walk around the neighborhood. Dad asked if I should ride in my wagon or jogging stroller and Mom said neither, that we should see if I can walk the whole way around the block. Sure enough, I can! It was really fun. I held Mom's hand and we followed Dad, Peepa and Matty. Dad was amazed I walked the whole way - he bets it was half a mile. It was a great time. We had so much fun Dad came home from work early so we could do it again Monday night.

Speaking of Monday, Mom had to go to the doctor Monday morning, so when I woke up (late, because I was so tired out from Sunday) she was gone. Dad surprised me by taking me to work with him! They gave me a banana and a breakfast taco because it was employee appreciation day. Everyone asked me what I was going to work on, so I banged on their keyboards to help out. I also tested out the floor by running around all over the place. I used to think all Dad does at work is go to parties because that's what they were doing every time Mom and I visited. But now I know that sometimes they just eat, without having a party. Poor Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Mitch! Glad you enjoyed your outing! I can't wait to see you and play with you in a few months!

Love,
Aunt Laurie