Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama and the burger stand

So far this week, Mom and I have been doing a lot of things I'm not usually allowed to do. Usually we don't watch tv, but yesterday we made an exception to watch the inauguration. Mom said for a change, there was something on that we should be proud of, so we watched President Obama take the presidential oath. Because I don't watch tv, I don't really like it. When Aunt Lauren was here last week, Dad and Aunt Lauren were watching the NFL playoffs and there was a play late in the game where the quarterback threw a long pass into the endzone. The ball was flying right toward the receiver with a few people guarding him, and that's when I decided to show Aunt Lauren how good I am at turning off the TV. They were pretty impressed.

Today was a gorgeous day out. The high was in the mid-70s. After an aborted mission this morning (we went to story time at the library but I only lasted 15 minutes into it), I didn't want to take a nap. When Mom figured out that I wasn't going to sleep, probably because of a little cold I have, she asked our friend Zhenya if she wanted to go have lunch with us. Zhenya wanted to go and was craving something from an all-natural, organic and local burger stand called P. Terry's. Mom has anemia and is supposed to eat some red meat, so she said okay. She thought I might sleep through it and didn't know what to pack for me to eat, so she figured if I wanted lunch, she'd get it there.

I fell asleep as soon as we got in the car, but woke up when we got there, so Mom ordered a chicken burger sandwich for me for lunch. I surprised her by not only liking it, but by eating the entire thing! Zhenya shared a french fry with me too, which I also liked. We were happy to spend some time outside with our friend; it was a fun afternoon.

No comments: