Friday, January 16, 2009

I belong to a co-op!

Thursday I had the chance to meet lots of new friends, play with new toys and eat some yummy snacks at a co-op Mom and I joined. Each Thursday morning, I will go there for two hours. Each co-op session is six weeks long, and Mom has to stay twice each session. The other four weeks, she will leave to do work, run errands, hang out someplace by herself or, eventually, spend some time with Peanut. This week Mom stayed. There are six kids - four girls and two boys.

I really liked it. Inside I played with toys and ate some banana bread, oranges and apples we brought for the snack. We also went outside, where I ran through some leaves, climbed in a little clubhouse, carried a soccer ball around and tried to ride in a big plastic car (but lost the battle with another kid who wanted to ride in it more than I did). I am excited to go back again next week.

Mom is proud of, and a little sad about, what a big kid I'm becoming. She says she can't believe it. In addition to the co-op this week, I spent some time with Zhenya as well as in the babysitting room at the Jewish Community Center because Mom had a ton of work to do. I went to the babysitting room for two hours Wednesday morning and about an hour Thursday afternoon, and Zhenya spent two hours with me Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday went well. I was excited about all the toys the babysitting room had and there were lots of other kids there to play with. Zhenya is always fun - she played with me in my sandbox and with my toys upstairs and took me for a wagon ride. Thursday I was the only kid at the babysitting room at the JCC and not quite as excited to stay because I figured out that Mom was leaving. By then, Mom was tired of all of it too though, and we spent lots of time snuggling last night to make up for it. I think we both hope we don't have to do that again anytime soon.

No comments: