Thursday, January 29, 2009

New school

Today I started an enrichment program at the Jewish Community Center that I'll go to for two hours twice a week instead of my co-op. It went really well, and we're excited about it.

As Mom was leaving, I started to cry, and Mom was worried that I wouldn't have a good time. Before Mom even made it out of the building, another mother told her that I was happily playing already. Mom was relieved and thought it was really nice of the teacher to ask the other mother to give Mom the update.

My teacher said I was very engaged and happy and that I'm an easy kid. I painted a picture while wearing a little Home Depot apron - the teacher seemed very impressed with this; she told Mom a lot of kids won't let her put the aprons on them. You can see my beautiful artwork, which we were allowed to bring home, to the right. My teacher said this was a very impressive first painting - I used two paintbrushes and mixed my colors (red and blue). I also made doggy, kitty and firetruck noises, laughed, and played in a little toddler-sized playground outside. I really surprised my teacher with the amount of snack I ate - two bowls full of Chex and half of a Nutrigrain bar! Mom said they probably think she doesn't feed me. Including me, there are six kids in my class. Mom and I have seen some of them before at the Parenting Center. I am excited to make new friends and see some familiar faces.

The teacher told Mom that 90 percent of the other kids in my class are also going to have new brothers or sisters soon. What a coincidence!

Mom's really excited about my class, my teacher, and her assistant. I was very happy when Mom picked me up, and Mom thinks the teacher seems like she knows what she is doing and was happy to answer questions. We're so thrilled to have found a good fit.

No comments: