Monday, January 26, 2009

Employee appreciation week

Saturday we celebrated Dad's employment by attending his company's employee appreciation event at the Austin Children's Museum. It was a great time! Although I fell asleep in the car on the way there and didn't wake up until we'd been there for an hour and a half, once Dad and Mom woke me up, it was totally worth it. We started out in a little area made just for kids my age, where I made some friends and found a red ball and a chicken coop with a button I could push that made a chicken noise. It was fantastic, and I was happy to be able to run around. Dad and Mom were proud of how polite I am - when other kids were in front of me playing in the chicken coop, I patiently waited in line behind them. Next, we went upstairs to a space where I could sort blocks into different shaped holes, then to the top floor where I found a little clubhouse filled with some great foam blocks. I also tried on a yellow construction hat, which was fun for a minute or two but then I decided I didn't like as much as my denim hat at home. We knew we had to leave when they turned the lights out on us, and it was a really great day, topped off with a chicken burger from my new favorite burger stand on the way home.

Sunday we had brunch with my cousins, Chuck and Kim. I don't like waiting, so we went to a restaurant that never has a wait, Hoovers. Mom ordered three blueberry pancakes for me. The waiter only brought one because he thought I had a little appetite, but he didn't understand how much I eat. They ended up bringing three more, and I ate two of them. I ate the leftovers for lunch. It was so good! Mom and Dad can't believe how much I'm eating these days. That's what happens when your main purpose in life is to grow, I guess.

You can see some pictures of me playing at the Children's Museum here.

No comments: