Monday, May 4, 2009

Destruction

This week, I showed Mom and Dad the power of my enthusiasm. Every night, I get really excited about my bath and run into the bathroom. Saturday night, in my excitement, I swung the door open so hard that the doorknob went through the wall. Dad was pretty surprised. In related news, Mom is bummed that I broke my whistle that Grandma and Grandpa got me in Aruba by repeatedly throwing it on the ground. All part of being a toddler, I guess.

Last night we got a number of exciting visitors. First, our neighbor Candace came over and played with me while Mom and Dad rested a little bit. Dad actually fell asleep on top of Peepa. Candace brought some nice presents for Hazel - two outfits, a plant, and a pack of diapers. Then our friends Bob and Carrie came over to visit me and Hazel. They brought a cute shirt and shoes for me, and an outfit for Hazel. I immediately tried on the shoes, as I am really enjoying putting on shoes whenever I get the chance. Bob and Carrie are expecting their own little boy in September. Hazel was happy to let Bob and Carrie practice holding a baby. Mom and Dad's friends Beverly and Dan came over next. They brought an outfit for Hazel, a book for me, and some delicious dinner for all of us. Dan also held me and read me some books, which I really appreciated. It was fun having so many people over, and I was exhausted by the time I went to bed.

This morning, Mom, Dad, Hazel, and I exercised our civic duty and voted for Austin's mayor and city council. Dad let me press the buttons on the voting booth. He said he was in agreement with most of my choices. The people running the booth gave me an "I voted!" sticker. Hazel was also excited about her first experience at a voting booth.

Hazel had her 2 week doctor's appointment today. The doctor couldn't believe how much she's growing. Mom can - she says Hazel eats constantly, especially during the middle of the night. Hazel is now up to 8 pounds, 5 ounces, which is the 75th percentile. Dad had to change the scale of Hazel's growth chart to fit it! I was over a month old before I weighed that much! Hazel is in the 50th percentile for both height (19.5 inches) and head size (35 cm), so she's growing really, really well. We are all very happy about that.

1 comment:

TBnJ said...

There are better door jam thingies than the standard non-baby proof screwed in by the floor springy ones that are in most houses. The better ones attach over the hinges and can be put up high so kids don't pull off the rubber stoppers and choke on them. They have them at all the big box hardware stores. I can send you a picture of ours if you want. Anyway, they are more slam resistant.