Thursday, May 7, 2009

Some random facts about Mitch and Hazel

Hazel had a big day yesterday. Mom took off her outfit so she could change her diaper and her umbilical cord fell out onto the couch - right next to where Mom's water broke! [Any couch donations will be accepted.]

In other news...this week I showed Mom and Dad that I know some colors. When they ask me where the blue, yellow, red, green, etc. train or whatever is, I show them. Also, in all the excitement with Hazel's birth, I forgot to mention that when Aunt Lauren was here last month, I figured out how to eat food with a spoon all by myself. I've been having a lot of fun lately dancing, and I'm still really enjoying looking at and pointing to Hazel. This week at school we made a two-part craft project - an awesome Mother's Day card for Mom. It has my handprint painted in the middle and is framed by painted, glittery popsicle sticks.

We've all had a great week this week. Dad has been home from work with us again, so we've been spending a lot of time together and we've all been taking lots of walks around the neighborhood. Also, my friend Benjamin came to visit the other day. Dad said it's just fun that we've all survived another week, although Mom barely has - she has tendinitis in her wrist from picking us up. She said it's worth it though and it's nothing ice cream can't cure.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

It does sound like it's been an exciting week! Hope your mom's hand feels better soon. Better make sure she has lots of ice cream for Mother's Day! Papa and I are looking forward to seeing you and Hazel next week (and your mom and dad too!) Love, Bubbe