Friday, May 29, 2009

Goodbye Boker Tov, hello camp!

Thursday was a monumental day. It was the day I graduated from my class, Boker Tov! I thought I was just going in for another Thursday morning at school, but at 10:30 our teachers put funny hats on us and tried to get us to sit down to sing a song they taught us. Then Mom and my schoolmates' parents came in. A few of my friends sang the song while the rest of us ran around (Mom said it was like the teachers were trying to herd cats), then we ate cookies and said goodbye to each other. I spent most of the time pursuing my new obsession, pushing buttons on a CD player. Anyway, the good news is I'm not done with school, just moving up in the world. In a couple weeks I will begin going to camp Tuesdays and Thursdays. While I will go the same number of days each week, the days will be a little longer - from 8:30 to 2:30 instead of 9-11. Mom said the biggest difference will be that I'll eat lunch and take my nap there. We are excited. I hope I get to swim, color, and dance a lot.

Hazel's growing up too. The day she went to the hospital, May 15, she weighed 9 lbs., 1 oz. That Monday she was up to 9 lbs., 3 oz., and by Wednesday, 9 lbs. 6 oz. She is getting much more alert and stronger too. She's been pushing with her legs and Mom thinks she may be starting to smile at us. It seems like she might be losing a little of her hair, but we hope that sticks around because we like her little mohawk. Also, Mom's excited to finally have figured out which of our baby carriers Hazel likes. Although I told Hazel that riding in the Moby Wrap was fun, she screams her head off in there and in our sling, but today she tried the Baby Bjorn and it seems to be working out. Mom and Dad are glad because it'll make it easier for us all to go outside and play if Hazel has something to ride in.

I've been more interested in Hazel the last couple days - hey, I need something to occupy my time now that school is out. I've been touching her feet more and sneaking up to her to touch the top of her head. Mom and Dad say I'm a good big brother because so far I've been pretty gentle.

Here are some pictures of Hazel, my graduation (taken by Mom and my teachers), and some vacuuming adventures.

2 comments:

Bubbe said...

I loved the group graduation picture--LOL!!! Love, Bubbe

Baby Slings said...

Bummer that little Hazel does not like the Moby Wrap or sling! After a couple of months you may find the Baby Bjorn a little uncomfortable. Try a soft structured carrier such as an Ergo Baby Carrier, CatBird Pikkolo. Even a mei tai such as BabyHawk will provide better support for you and Hazels developing skeletal system.